NEWS + TOOLS
Highlighting Topical News on Security Solutions
and Surveillance Systems
Our BC management team has in excess of six decades of cumulative experience in streamlining the design and build, procurement of products and the implementation of integrated communications systems throughout Western Canada.
At AxisSystems, we will research, customize and deploy an end-to-end strategic solution for you and your team. Contact us today at: Toll-Free: 1 877 464 2904, Vancouver: 604 777 2907 or ROI[at]AxisSystemsGroup.com
ASG Vertically Integrates with GWS
ASG – Axis Systems Group takes great pleasure in announcing the acquisition of Gateway Security in late 2018. Enhancing the group’s project capabilities enables ASG to be vertically integrated into a full service security systems provider, and an audio visual company. The new Axis Systems Group now offers end-to-end capacity by providing Vancouver-based security, surveillance and audio video solutions with top tier branded products. ASG is now totally qualified to fully service and support security and AV systems, preventative service packages, plus remote monitoring including ULC fire alarm.
Who, What, When, Where, Why?… Access Control Systems
The W5 of Access Control
In the fields of physical security and information security, access control (AC) is the selective restriction of access to a place or other resource. The act of accessing may mean consuming, entering, or using. Permission to access a resource is called authorization.
Locks and login credentials are two analogous mechanisms of access control.
COVID-19 — Directives
To our valued customers, partners, suppliers and team, during the ongoing pandemic caused by #COVID-19, The Axis Group wants to assure you that we are here to support you while promoting the health and safety of all citizens in the communities in which we live and work. We’ve implemented teleworking where applicable and stringent cleanliness standards for both office and field operations, in line with current government directives.
Please reach out to us regarding your questions, concerns and project updates.
Joana Barbulescu RCDD
Light Control Solutions
Top Five Factors
ASG Light Control Systems will improve working environments, quality of employee work-life balance and will save costly energy. Most existing light sources in office environments adhere to minimum building codes, thus the standard issued florescent lighting used, is known to cause everything from hair loss to migraines. Studies have shown comfortable employees are more productive, happy and collaborative. The following is a list of five (5) environmentally friendly factors concerning lighting and light control solutions that will maximize the human and structural resources within all organizations.
1. Light Control Reduces Stress and has been Shown to Increase Team Efficiency
2. Dimmers Reduce the Carbon Footprint by Saving Energy
3. ASG Light Control SystemsTM adhere to LEED Standards
4. The Multiple Eco-Friendly Systems of ASG Light Control
5. Light Control Systems and Sustainable Products save Billions of kWh Energy… Yearly
Multi-site Technology Deployment
Networking Solutions, Leveraging Technology
AxisSystems is at the forefront of pioneering multi-site technology deployment, offering cutting-edge networking solutions in the ever-evolving technology landscape. Our dedication to end-to-end design and security, complemented by innovative approaches to surveillance and audio-visual installations, positions us as the go-to partner for clients in search of seamless and scalable solutions. Continuing our commitment to leveraging technology, we focus on comprehensive design and security, catering to the ongoing multi-site technology deployment requirements of ASG clients locally, nationally, and globally. Axis Systems Group, our affiliate, ensures end-to-end design and installation solutions that embrace emerging trends and processes in security and audio-visual technologies. We actively seek and capitalize on innovative opportunities to guarantee that our projects remain at the forefront of industry advancements.
Is Your Boardroom Presentation-Ready?
Five Steps to Ensure Your Pitch-Perfect!
1) Are you Compatible? Connecting an Apple or IBM laptop to a television or projector is crucial in today’s boardroom presentation. Most computers now days have HDMI & Display Ports but some older models only offer a VGA video connection.
Make sure that all types of computers & tablets will effortlessly connect to the boardroom audio/video system. Having to call in the IT guy to fix a technical issue can be irritating to the future client and make you look underprepared and unprofessional.
2) Up to Size – Bigger is better, having a display that is too small for your boardroom can make your presentation fail before you even begin. Content is king and if your clients can’t see the words or charts that are being displayed on the screen all efforts were futile. The Screen size should be large enough to be seen from every seat in the room and content to be legible from the furthest seat in the room. The industry standard for viewing distance is 1.5x the screen width. So for an 80” display you would want the furthest seat to be at 120” (10 feet) away. Sharp’s 90” AQUOS 1080p LED Display dazzles with advanced pixel structure for the most breathtaking HD images, a great addition to any boardroom looking to add “wow” factor.
3) Getting the Full Picture – Video scaling is changing the size of a video frame in order to match the native resolution of a TV or computer screen. This can be very important in being able to see the full screen of the connected laptop to the boardroom display. You will want to make sure that there are no cut off portions of the screen and that the proper image is being displayed. It is ideal to have a Video Scaler in the boardroom audio video system to effortlessly adjust and make corrections to any compatibility issues that may arise from connecting various laptops.
4) Take Control – Having complete control of the Boardroom System is key to having your presentation run smoothly. Controlling display devices, changing inputs, dimming lights & controlling electronic shades are all possible with today’s modern control systems. Elegant table or wall mounted touch screens offer complete control of boardrooms technology features. With simple and easy to use touch screen interface there is no training required to command a high tech boardroom with the utmost confidence.
5) Up in the Air –Tablets and Phablets (phones with 5”+ displays) are being utilized for business more than ever before and are now finding their way into high tech boardrooms. With cloud storage connecting your information and making it accessible to any device connected to the cloud, using a Samsung tablet is becoming the preferred technology due to the compact size and computing power. Being ready to adapt to this growing trend will make your boardroom standout and help you stay ahead of the curve. This can be achieved by adding a wireless component (Crestron’s Air Media) to your boardroom system that will allow presentations to be streamed onto the display from any connected tablet. Air media is the future and setting the trend is better than trying to catch up.
Education Sector Supplied and Installed Biometrics Solutions:Full Access Control Upgrade and ExpansionScope of Work > 24/7/365 support, incl. remote text support,> Deployed RBH Axiom X access control> 100's of Card Readers> Integrated Bluetooth App>...
Health & Safety, Western Canada Supplied and Installed Biometrics Solutions:Access Control, Intrusion Detection, CCTV Scope of Work > Installed Access Control System> Deployed Intrusion Detection Solution> CCTV Security System > Code Blue Emergency...
Cascades Casino - Delta Gateway Casinos Fibre Optic Installations, Gaming and Entertainment IndustriesScope of Work > GPED Certified Team> Security & Surveillance Systems> Intrusion Detection System> Access Control Systems> 250 Cameras (CCTV, PTZ...
A Full Range of Project Capabilities
Call 604 777 2907 or Email ROI[at]AxisSystems.ca to Schedule a Needs Assessment with our Team.
Located in Burnaby, BC Canada, we at Axis Systems Group are proud to supply premium branded products and installation. We supply support services in the Greater and Metro Vancouver Areas including: Vancouver, West Vancouver, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Langley, Surrey, Burnaby, North Vancouver, Richmond, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, Delta, White Rock and more.